Are We There Yet?
Is this the reality of our intent
and are these days the impressions of fulfillment
we mature into the seclusion of age
upon travel to individuality
we explore the world in discovery of ourselves
and embarks of family
but I hadn't realized the expansion incurred
until I turned in your direction
I didn't anticipate the loneliness earned
until noticing your facial expression
there stairwells in your eyes towards far off dimensions
and the present is a universe away from all my recollection
the distance we've grown is chasmic
as we just further from habit
Maybe the walls comfort you
as I ache for embrace
Maybe I'm the only one who made mistakes
The secrets are more trustworthy
than open communication
We exchanged our delicate vulnerability for the quality of isolation
I'll miss the little intimacies we drew
as we journey these reaches we call adulthood
No comments:
Post a Comment